Monday, April 23, 2007

...well qualified to represent the LBC, Me and Louie we're gonna run to the party and dance till the rythem gets harder

The summer time has finally come. The months of May through August means beaches, bbq's and of course blockbuster movies. Here are my top 5 most anticipated summer movies, but first some notables....

The Honorable Mention Trilogies: Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Oceans 13th, The Bourne Ultimatum, Rush Hour 3, Shrek 3




Ladies and Gentleman, after falling of the planet since middle school, the return of Mr. Chris Tucker. Maybe i'll watch Rush Hour on a friday cause i'm gonna get high, I ain't got no job and I ain't got shit to do.




The Sleepers: Hot Rod, The King of Kong, Fanboys, Eagle vs Shark, Rescue Dawn, The Invasion

one thats the new breed of SNL movies, one about donkey kong, one about star wars, one new age indie, one by Werner Herzog, one about aliens...but don't take my word for it, look em up or wait for them in theatres, you'll feel like you found a diamond in the rough.




The Ones I'm Staying Away From: Hostel 2, Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Hairspray, Mr Beans Holiday

-Eli Roth annoys me, even if he is from my town.
-I wasted 2 hours of my life watching the 1st Fantastic 4 on HBO and I want it back
-I just realized Borat is basically a total ripoff of Mr. Bean except like 1000 times better
- Ok I literally spent 10 minutes trying to sum up John Travolta's crazy up and down career with the punchline being its probably about to be way down with his new movie Hairspray but I couldn't put it into words, I mean just LOOK at this pic...



Oh my god, it's Tom Cruise, Oh my god



and now the TOP 5....

5. Transformers: I can't believe I talked myself into a Micheal Bay movie staring Tyrese and Shia LaBeouf. But comon, its Optimus Prime, its Megatron, it's "Transformers!....robots in disguise!"




4. Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix: I usually go to the movies with friends most of the time but here's one tradition that's been going strong for the past few years. I've seen every Harry Potter movie with my Mom and Sister(who's married) and we'll keep that going until all of them are done. Ahhhh how cute you watch kids movies with your mom ahhhh, great, look at the silly cat




3. Paris, je t'aime: 20 directors and a large cast make up vignettes about the city of love. It includes directors such as the Coen Brothers, Walter Salles, Alfonso Cuaron, Alexander Payne and Gus Van Sant and a cast including Natalie Portman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Elijah Wood, Nick Nolte, Juliette Binoche, Willem Dafoe, Catalina Sandino Moreno and Steve Buscemi to name a few. Sounds amazing.





2. Knocked Up: AKA 40 Year Old Virgin 2 as writer/director Judd Apatow returns with the same cast sans Carrell for another Comedy of awkward love situations. For all you Grey's Anatomy fans this one stars Katherine Heigl






and the #1 movie im waiting for this summer.....






1. The Simpsons Movie: Out of any show in history, The Simpsons might go down as perhaps the greatest of our generation. What other show can remain watchable from age 5 to age 22. They're keeping this plot top secret but who knows, maybe we find out where Springfield is...or not.







...Summertime, and the livin's easy...

9 comments:

Ludakristi said...

Oooh this was a very fun post. If any of your predictions/recommendations are wrong, I will hunt you down though.

Aww, Kevy at the movies with his mommy and sissy... good thing I got distracted by that cute cat.

(I'm not obsessed with cats, jerk.)

Madison said...

How bad do I want to see Paris, Je T'aime? So bad. So, so, so, so bad.

Kim said...

Paris, je t'aime is where it's at.

Burdamania said...

I don't expect much from the Simpsons movie, but will probably see it anyway. Seems like it should be the ending to the show, but alas, that's not feasible with their goal of passing Gunsmoke.

Also, how is Knocked Up with the same cast? Only Rogen and Jonah Hill are in it.

Fillmore said...

Transformers might just be the crappiest looking movie that I am absolutely going to see.

Seth said...

You've got some good suggestions here, Kevin, even if I'd swap out "Knocked Up" for Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, or Hostel 2 (I'm just that kind of guy, I'm afraid). I am very much looking forward to The Simpsons Movie, and I really hope that they do a great job with it - it's been a long time in the making, but I don't know if it can live up to its own hype...

Unknown said...

It seems that everyone goes to see the Harry Potter movies with family. I do. My boyfriend does. You do. Clearly, everyone does.

Leslie said...

CONFESSION: I know it's going to be terrible beyond words that generally denote terribleness, but I'm going to have to see Hairspray. I know. Gross.

But my mom took me to see it for my birthday this year (in Spokane there are only so many choices), and I had a really good time. It's campy, dated, and deals with complex body and racial issues in questionable and simplistic ways, but...

...cue music...

Good Morning, Baltimore!

Mags said...

I'm very excited for the Simpsons movie, I have very high hopes for it. Fanboys stars Kristen Bell of Veronica Mars and includes Star Wars (one of my faves) so I'm there, and Ocean's 13? I saw Ocean's 11 in the theater's SIX times. So yeah...

As for Spiderman? I HATED the first one and refused to see the second. So I'm not into this whole hype over the 3rd.

Knocked Up has Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill, which is funny because they're both in another movie coming out this summer, Superbad.

I hope you keep up your blog this summer and review some of these movies. I'm curious to see how they pan out.