Monday, April 30, 2007

weapon of choice

D.A.R.E. was a complete waste of time. So was "Requiem for a Dream" or anything else that wants to scare you out of doing drugs. You shouldn't listen to a loved one on the matter, you should be listening to the real people who are looking out for your interests; celebrities. queue up "gimme shelter"...














courtesy of celebguru.com, here's some celeb quotes on drugs...



"I’ve slept with too many women, done too many drugs and been to too many parties. I loved acid when I was at college. It was an escape. I liked mushrooms. They were like easy acid. I did like blow…Blow would dress you up for a party, but never take you there. You’re always like. This is going to be great! Then you’re just depressed."



"The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared. "




"My mind seemed to have a huge neon sign in it that blinked nonstop: COKE. GET COKE. So I did. It was great for dieting, partying and picking up my mood."



"I ended up on a shrink’s couch, and he told me to write down how much I did in a week: 20 E’s, 4 grams of coke, six of speed, half an ounce of hash, three bottles of Jack Daniel’s, 12 bottles of red wine, 60 pints."

...and we havent even touched on the Lindsay Lohan's or the Alec Baldwins of the world. Sure Tom Cruise is crazy, but isn't everyone else pretty much. Playing it straight doesn't cut it anymore, if you want to be succesful in the business, you better start re-enacting scenes from "Blow". Don't be afraid of the River Phoenix stories, your invincible my sweetest friend....everyone you know won't go away in the end. Comon you'll be rich, its totally worth it, I promise...

7 comments:

Ludakristi said...

Dear Kevin,

I guess I should go out and do drugs now.

Thanks,

Kristi

ps- You really think "Requiem for a Dream" was a waste of time? I'm pretty sure I enjoyed that movie, but maybe I was just taken aback by the shock of it. Guess I'll have to watch it again. Jerk.

Seth said...

Dear Kevin,

Your Keith Richards quote is amazing.

Thanks,

Seth

ps- Did you hear that he was supposed to play Jack Sparrow's father in the last PotC movie? Why, oh why, did they let that gem slip between their fingers?

Mags said...

I guess I'm one of those few weird kids who followed DARE (minus the eventual drinking I guess...)

But now that George Clooney admitted to doing drugs, maybe I should too...

I'm not sure which picture creeped me out more, the guy with the arm or the picture of Keith Richardson. I'm actually leaning more towards Richardson.

Burdamania said...

Drugs only benefit the legacy of fallen young stars. Plus they fund terrorism, in which gives Homeland Security something to do, in which gives otherwise crazy people jobs, which gives Democrats something to complain about, in which gives celebrities some idiots to support, in which inspires them to do more drugs, in which keeps Perez Hilton alive and well.

Leslie said...

When I was in elementary school, the "DARE car" was a reposed Corvette, circa 1980. It was Canary yellow and had the DARE logo painted across the doors, and I remember even at 10 years old thinking, "Wow. They are trying WAY too hard to be cool."

Madison said...

Requiem for a Dream, as melodramatic as it is, and as preachy, is still a well constructed film with avant-garde elements. The appeal is that it is such a stretch of possibility -- things like that don't really happen!

Nice drug pictures though. UMass police are on their way to arrest you for uploading them on campus.

Jeremy said...

I always thought it was funny that the DARE program completely avoided telling us kids why people took drugs: to get high and feel good. Regardless of the fact that they can ruin your health, your relationships, and your life, DARE never told me this.

I think that made it actually less effective. I feel like people would get to high school or college and think, "Oh this is why people do it."

Just being upfront about it would have been more effective, in my opinion.

Also, that picture with the pug puppy ALMOST makes me want to cuddle George Clooney. He's so dreamy, or whatever:)