Thursday, March 09, 2006

photoessay


Well mine sucks but here it is....
http://people.umass.edu/kpjuica/

download presentation 1 with powerpoint

Thing is ive been sick all week like no other and have been busy as hell. As far as movies go though Tonight at 7PM in Campus Center 101 is the first ever UMASS FILM FESTIVAL presented by UVC-TV19. I work at the station so i'll be attending (and working). In fact technically i'll be late cause of this class. Thanks for getting me fired. Today has been rough as i've been putting the final touches on my terrible excuse for a photoessay. I haven't even eaten today. With this Film Fest after class, I probably won't get to eat until around 10-11ish or so. That should be a good breakfast.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Kevin, I really like the set up and concept of your essay--that way you set up the essay as a movie and enter with the overlit shot of yourself. I especially love the "cinemeatic" shot of the DuBois stacks, and I'm impressed by the angle and mirror image of your "Barbershop" shot. I enjoyed that I could recognized most of the places you photographed, but that I was looking at them in a different way than I do in my day-to-day. I'm less drawn in to the last couple shots than I was to the earlier location shots, but I love the guy watching TV. Maybe the sense of place (familiar places looked at differently for me) is less strong. What's on the screen? Looks like dancing elephants of muppets or something.

--Casey