Friday, February 24, 2006

Updates

As you can see I updated this blog. Links are up so check those out. I sort of rushed through those previous blog entries so I made a few slight changes. I plan on going more in depth in the future. One thing I am going to also do from now on is have a "Movie Of The Week". It's easy to recommend famous movies like Forrest Gump or something so instead, I'll focus more on Independent; Foreign; Old Films; Movies in Theaters; etc...In general movies that are obscure and maybe forgotten somewhat as well as personal favorites of mine. I'll try and mix things up as much as I can. This weeks Flick....."Rashoman" - Directed by Akira Kurasawa.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with Kurosawa. He is a master storyteller. His most famous film is
"The Seven Samurai" which you should also check out if you haven't seen. One of his more obscure films is called "The Hidden Fortress" which was the bases for Star Wars. Rashoman although not as acclaimed as Seven Samurai, is very cool in concept. In what was the first of its kind the film is told through the interpretations of different characters, so we see the same general story unfold, yet the details contrast throughout. I walked away in somewhat of an awe after I saw it for the first time. samurai movies kick ass.

No comments: